Yes, Winter and Spring are gone.
There seems to be a lot of different things that need to be done to your car in the winter to make it run efficiently. Everyone takes time to prepare their vehicles for the winter season. You check your tires to make sure you have the appropriate amount of tread for traction in the snow. You make sure you have antifreeze and winterize your car. But, what about spring and summer? Since the weather is better, you may be travelling more often and your car needs to be ready for a safe trip.
Here are 5 tips to help prepare your vehicle for the Spring and Summer:
Wash and wax your car after snowstorms since the salt can damage the body of your vehicle.
1. Check and change all of your filters especially your cabin filter that prevents allergens such as pollen from entering your vehicle. If it is dirty it can aggravate allergies.
2. Check all of your fluids in the vehicle and make sure that you have enough oil in the vehicle so you do not seize up your engine. Oil changes should be done every 3,000 miles. Some cars have a built in system that has codes which tell when an oil change is needed.
3. Rotate your tires so you have a smooth ride and your tires don't wear out unevenly.
4. Check tire pressure to make sure you have enough air in your tires and check to see if you have any slow leaks in them.
5. Always listen to your vehicle for strange sounds that may indicate that there could be a mechanical problem such as a metal sound that could be you have worn out brake pads or rotors.
Bonus: Keep an Emergency Kit in the trunk of your car because you never know when you may need it.
Be proactive. If you take care of your car on a regular basis, it will take care of you.